CLIMBING WITH KALEV
Stairclimb training Tip #3 from fitness pro Kalev, of Kalev Fitness Solution: Stretching.
Stretching and flexibility are crucial parts of your fitness and preparation for exercise. Good flexibility can help prevent injury, and allow proper balance between muscle groups as you strengthen!
- Do lots of stretching of the quads and hamstrings. This will help keep you flexible and prevent injuries.
- It’s important to warm up your body before stretching so your muscles become more pliable.
- After warm-up but before your exercise session, use dynamic stretching (stretching that involves movement).
- After exercise try static stretching (traditional stretching).
- Hold stretches for 30 seconds or longer to achieve optimal benefit.
Click on the video above to see examples of stretches from our Kinesiologist, and Stairclimb Training class leader, Michelle. Our second half of Wednesday classes start tomorrow! You can still join the last 4 weeks of classes to prepare your body for the climb. Click here to train 1x/week on Wednesdays at 6pm and receive 50% off the original 8-week price. Don’t forget to enter promotion code 12345. Contact Michelle@Kalevfitness.com for more information.
Don’t forget to follow Kalev on Twitter (@kalevfitness) for a daily dose of fun fitness updates!