An easy way to fuel your day is with nutritious granola. The problem is that good granola can be an expensive commodity and it’s sometimes hard to find one you can really get excited about. Try out this easy recipe for homemade granola. Its quick, simple and you can create any combination your heart desires.
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil ( or coconut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to buy: If you want to experiment even more, try using other rolled grains such as rye, spelt, kamut, or barley instead of rolled oats.
Get creative and add some flare:
- Hemp, Chia, Flaxseeds, Quinoa, Buckwheat, Bee Pollen
- Walnuts, Pecans, Sunflower seeds, Pistachios, Cashews
- Coconut shavings, raw cocoa nibs
- Dried Apples, Cranberries, Raisins, Banana Chips, Figs, Dried Apricot