Body measurements can be a useful way to track your progress. Many times you’ll see a loss of inches even if the scale isn’t moving. To ensure accuracy, measure in exactly the same place and under the same conditions each time.
Body Measurement areas:
- Upper Arm: measured between the shoulder and elbow with your arm at your side
- Abdomen: measured at the level of your belly button
- Waist: measured at the narrowest point above your belly button, but below your breast bone (sternum)
- Hips: measured at the widest point of the hip or buttock region
- Thigh: measured at the maximal girth of the thigh