Recipe for: Vegan Protein Banana Oat Muffins
A healthy easy-to-make vegan protein muffin recipe is always a gem! Finding new ways of getting in those healthy carbs, proteins and fats in the morning is so important. This is a great recipe for eating clean and guilt-free.
These muffins fit into any diet and are gluten free! You can make these with your favorite protein powder or feel free to skip it. This muffin would be a great source of nutrients post workout too. Thanks to choosingraw.com for the fantastic recipe! They have many more, so check them out.
- 1 ¾ cup rolled oats, ground in a food processor or blender till they turn into oat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats (unground)
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ scoops vanilla protein powder (vegan protein of your choice)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ cup or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Place the bananas, almond milk, apple sauce, vanilla and coconut oil into a blender and blend well.
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry till just incorporated. Fold in raisins (or any other dried fruit). Pour dough into lined muffin cups (I got 10, Running on Veggies got 8).
4. Bake muffins for 18 or so minutes, or until lightly golden. Serve and enjoy!
Want even more resources? You can also follow runningonveggies on Instagram for daily meal inspiration.
Written by Jolianne
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments!