It’s back! The outdoor cycling series. If you’re training for the Whistler Gran Fondo, or just want to get in shape with outdoor cycling, this training series is for you.
Which group is right for you? Read below to find out.
Group 1: SOCIAL RIDERS CLUB
- Description: “This group is for people looking to have fun and not take things too seriously. You more likely enjoy the social elements of cycling and are inclined to end a ride over a coffee with your cycling peers”
- A fully serviced and operational road bike that has gears. (Non-road bikes may be acceptable on a case by case basis)
- Clipped pedals and Cleated shoes.
- You are comfortable riding 30-40km in a single session.
- You know and understand Canadian road safety rules. (i.e. the minimum knowledge required to sit a drivers licensing test).
Group 2: KING OF THE MOUNTAIN CLUB
- Description: “You already cycle. You have done or want to do a Fondo. Or maybe you fancy yourself a hill climbing fiend or at least have dreamed of making it up Vancouver’s Mountains. You are a little more serious about your cycling and you want to or already track your progress via Strava type apps or cycle computer.”
- You already meet all the above criteria in the Social Rider Club requirements
- You can maintain an average speed of 25km/hr or more for a ride such as the UBC loop.
- You are comfortable riding upwards of 60km’s.
- You like hills! (Or at least you can climb them).
- You understand how (or are open to learning) to use cycle data apps such Strava, Garmin connect, mapmyride etc.
Start Dates: June 16th 2014
2014 SOCIAL RIDERS CLUB :
Length: 10 weeks
- Mondays – ‘Short Ride’ 5pm – Outdoor – 1-1.5hour ride -$125
- Saturdays – ‘Long Ride’ 12.30pm – Outdoor – 2-3hour ride -$200
2014 KING OF THE MOUNTAIN CLUB :
Length: 10 weeks
- Wednesday – ‘Short Ride’ 6am – Outdoor – 1-1.5hour ride -$125
- Saturdays – ‘Long Ride’ 8am – Outdoor – 2-3hour ride -$200
Please contact the front desk to purchase. Call 604.568.6006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the training series? Contact email@example.com for info.