Well, if you’ve been outside today you’ll know one thing: it’s fall. Beloved autumn, with all of our favourite pumpkin spice flavours! Why not make this delicious aromatic spice a part of your post workout protein shake? Try this wonderful Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake and fall in love with fall!
If you’re digg’n the dairy:
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree,
- 1/3 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- Scoop of your choice of Vanilla Protein Powder (We like Garden of Life raw protein)
- If desired add a few shakes of pumpkin pie spice
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Blend and Enjoy!
Vying for Vegan? Try this:
Yield: 4 cups
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1.5-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Coconut Whipped Cream, for garnish
1. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the milk, oats, and chia seeds. Place in fridge for 1 hour or preferably overnight.
2. Add soaked oat mixture to blender along with the pumpkin, molasses, frozen banana, and spices. Blend until smooth. Add about 5 ice cubes and blend until ice cold.
3. Add maple syrup to taste. I found 1.5 tbsp was perfect for me.
4. Serve with Coconut Whipped Cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top!