Stretching and flexibility are crucial parts of your fitness and preparation for exercise. Good flexibility can help prevent injury, and allow proper balance between muscle groups as you strengthen!
- Do lots of stretching of the quads and hamstring. This will help keep you flexible and prevent injuries.
- It’s important to warm up your body before stretching so your muscle become more pliable.
- After warm up but before your exercise use dynamic stretching (stretching that involves movement)
- After exercise try static stretching (traditional stretching)
- Hold stretches for 30 sec+ to achieve optimal benefit.
Standing quad stretch.
Laying down hamstring stretch with a rope or towel.
Week 3 Tip:
Incorporate squats and single leg step-ups Click Here
Week 2 Tip:
Focus on two different days of cardio into your work-outs. Click Here
Week 1 Tip:
Plan 5-6 weeks ahead. Click Here